Thursday, April 9, 2020
SAA: What We've Been Reading - Online Resources
Opportunities to engage online with the arts community
Keep up with the daily changes and opportunities online while practicing social distancing! While researching at the SAA, we discover a lot of interesting information and we like to share some of it with you. Here are some opportunities to engage online with the arts community:
- Field Trip: Art Across Canada. Online Platform by art organization partnerships to support and engage artists. Children's programming, artist talks and workshops offered.
- Sask filmpool: members work showcased every day.
- CARFAC wants you to track your income loss due to Covid-19.
- University of Regina class cyanotype exhibition online.
- SK Books: Consider supporting local writers on.
- Drinking About Museums - “an informal gathering once a month of people who work in museums, art galleries, and similar type institutions to meet, talk, and drink!” Facebook
- Thursday Night Live hosted by The MacKenzie Art Gallery. “Streaming for Artists” (might be a repeating event)
- CBC Music up-to-date list of canadian live streams to watch during covid-19
- SaskMusic and CBC Sask “Open House” Live stream schedule.
- Godfrey Dean Art Gallery submission to be featured on instagram. Landscape and Memory: “If you live in Yorkton or the surrounding area, then send us photos of your artwork. We will be featuring artists on our social media platforms. (100km radius).” @godfreydeanartgallery
- Sâkêwêwak First Nations Artists' Collective Inc. Corntine Time: Online Indigenous Arts Initiative CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: The arts & cultural sector has been deeply affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. To help Indigenous artists through this unprecedented time, Sâkêwêwak would like to financially compensate Indigenous artists, throughout all disciplines, by sharing with us some of your art practice since mid-March 2020. @sakewewak - “Corntine Time: Online Indigenous Arts Initiative.
Here is a list of Instagram profiles for individuals to consider following because they are actively sharing activities happening online for people to participate in, many that are in Saskatchewan:
- How to: Instagram Live for Musicians. https://diymusician.cdbaby.com/social-media/instagram-live-musicians/
- Live Saskatchewan Poetry hosted by UR Pride(urpridecentre), Creative City Centre (@creativecityctr), , Sask Writers Guild and Saskatoon Indigenous Poets Society (@indigenouspoetsociety) Follow them on instagram to tune in.
- Friday Apr 17 - Presented by Sask Writers Guild
- Friday Apr 24 - CCC's Word Up presents the Indigenous Poets Society
Instagrams to follow
- @Social Distance Gallery - Submissions for BFA and BFA shows that we cancelled.
- @theolympicaproject - MFA online exhibition open call.
- @Create2learn - “A @TakingITGlobal program supporting First Nations, Métis and Inuit students and youth in developing creativity and digital content production skills.” https://www.instagram.com/create2learn/
- @covidroom - live music and chat room
- @skcraftcouncil - offering instagram “takeovers” where artists have access to post on behalf of the skcraftcouncil, to engage and connect members.
- @cvaf2020 - Cathedral Village Arts Festival will use web-based platforms.
- @site.projects - interdisciplinary commissioning initiative with an open submission of sound and text work.
- @artgalleryofregina - currently running their member show & sale online and live.
- @marielannoo5 - 330g Gallery submission colour in quarantine submission.
- @makingitinsaskatchewan - watch on youtube how creatives in saskatchewan work and live.
- @contactphoto - With their CONTACT photo festival cancellation, they will support the contributors by using their instagram as a place to share the hard work that had already been put into planning. https://scotiabankcontactphoto.com/2020festival/-
- @videopool - Artist-Run Centre exploring technology and art
- @prairietypography - typography of signs in prairies, submissions are welcome!
- @mannartgallery - Virtual programming.
- @skcommonweal - #commonwealreads for book recommendations.
- @freeflowdancetheatre - online premiere offered, worth keeping tabs on what else they will be doing!
- @passthehat - possible comedy livestream
- @quarantonics - Daily artist spotlight via submissions
- @performingtogether - participate in daily performances with others online.
- @pavedarts - Call for submissions for leading online workshops in (photography, audio, video, electronic, digital)